Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day Eight - Life in the SLOW lane

Today, Concetta and her sister, Phyllis, and Phyllis' boyfriend, Collin, and I spent the day just hanging out at sister Phyllis' son, Marc's house near Rock Creek, Arizona. While Marc and his wife, Nancy, hit the highways early on their way to their jobs, the sisters spent a big chunk of the day by the pool reading while I and Colin hung out in the dining room trying to tell each other progressive more grandiose lies, tall tails, and intricate designs for curing all the world's ills. In between times I tried to get the blog caught up. Plans had been briefly circulated for a auto trip back up the highway to Sedona, but as nap time came on, the plans were dropped. Now we're planning on just doing more kicking back, maybe a barbecue, maybe a local shopping trip down to the town of Rock Creek. All of this is fine with me. After 1,200 miles on the road behind the wheel I can do with a short spell of vegetative status. I even had time to start my new book, "House of Rain," by Craig Childs, which is subtitled "Tracking a Vanished Civilization across the American Southwest" and revolves around the history of the prehistoric Anasazi. Great stuff. Reads like a novel. Photo left is Concetta enjoying her time by the pool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom, you tell us what you are reading but what is Concetta reading there by the pool?
Glad you are getting time to "kick back" every few days to recharge!!
PS. Please tell that thing I'm not a robot!! (That second word is always a b!tch.)

Tom Davis said...

Actually, I think (after staring at this photo for a time) that she's playing with her IPad. She might be reading a book, but she's probably just reading the day's news.