Saturday, August 28, 2010

Trip Book

A number one requirement for me when I go traveling abroad is having a Trip Book along. This is a stiff cardboard folder full of plastic page protectors into which I put things like airline flight schedules, B&B confirmations, and car rental reservations. It's always proven to be extremely handy to have these materials available in my carry-on luggage when frustration sets in, when some clerk declares they don't know what I'm talking about when I tell them I've had a car reserved for six months. In essence, every piece of important paper where someone has confirmed something in writing or by email, I include. Naturally, you'll want to digitize most of this stuff and put it up on the web as well (see the post below for information on web storage).

No comments: