Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tickets Ordered

Well, I finally got tired of searching all the Orbitz/Expedia/Etc. Websites and just ordered the darn tickets. Got them from CheapOair.com. The process seemed to work out okay, but no seat assignments. I emailed CheapO and asked about seat assignments and they said they had already emailed them to me. They hadn't. So, I called the various airlines and did my own seat assignment task. For the most part, I got the seat assignments I wanted, all except for the outgoing Denver to Toronto 3-hour flight. On that one, it's what they call a "Shared Code" flight. That means that two carriers are in on the particular flight. I called each one and asked them to assign me a seat. Each one refused. So, I waited a time and called back. Once again the two carriers indicated that they were "unable" to issue a seat assignment. So, we'll have to take pot luck on that leg. Word to the wise: stay away from flights by a carrier actually flown by another carrier. You'll get screwed because no one takes responsibility for the seat assignments. Anyway, the trip has been scheduled. The next item is to find a flight going from Athens to Rome after the cruise, nail down where we're staying in Athens and Rome, and possible nail down the rental car in Italy.

No comments: