Friday, February 19, 2010

Doing more footwork

Today I sent an email to the cruise folks to determine how long we can remain on board once we're back in port near Athens. If we're lucky, we can have a leisurely breakfast, do out packing, and then catch a midday taxi to the airport for the flight to Rome. I also sent an email to the chap in England who rented us the Mini Cooper for a month in 2008 for our trip around the British Isle. I was interested in finding out if Minis are available in Italy by someone he might recommend. And, I determined that the best thing to do for our last night in Italy would be to stay at the airport Hilton, even though expensive, so all we have to do is take the short walk to the terminal before flight time. It would also allow us to turn the car in the day before our flight. Once I hear from the cruise folks, I will book the flight from Athens to Rome.

No comments: