Sunday, September 5, 2010

We arrive in Toronto

For those of you who are quite accustomed to bashing the airlines for poor service and such, I have to tell you that our United Airlines flight from Reno to Denver took off on time, provided us great service, and arrived in Denver fifteen minutes early. For the Denver to Toronto leg, I booked Air Canada. Once again the flight took off on time, provided us with excellent service, and landed early. So far the only thing I can think to complain about is the youngster in the seat ahead of me from Denver to Toronto who wanted to test the very limits of the construction of his particular seat. He bounced against the seat back so regularly that had I been prone to seasickness, I might have needed a barf bag. It truly made typing on the laptop an adventure in accurate keying. So, anyway, here we are in Toronto. We breezed through customs, at least we would have if I had properly filled out the customs form declaring that I was not transporting firearms and vast sums of cash. But once through that minor snafu, Concetta and I easily found our gate, the WiFi hot spot, and now we're just deciding whether to get something to eat or wait the two+ hours until our flight takes off for Athens. I'm sort of hungry, but then I'm always hungry. I tried calling Athens yesterday to confirm with our B&B that we were still coming, but, as the kind gentleman I reached at the answering service was quick to point out, it was close to midnight and there was no one around to talk to. So, we're just going to show up there tomorrow morning and see what happens. Our next hot spot after Toronto may be the back of Zorba's cab or something. But wherever, I'm sure it will be challenging. Ciao for now, or should I say, καλησπέρα, φίλοι.

No comments: