Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lunch together on the patio


If you want to know what finally brought retirement home to me it was lunch today. Today we enjoyed a weekday lunch together out on the patio for the first time since I retired. Concetta has been working for the Legislature lately, which means that I have been home by myself when lunch rolled around. Normally, I'd spend the time with a sandwich, a cup of coffee, and a Turner Classic Movie. Sweet. But today, we officially kicked off retirement together. No looking back now.

2 comments:

Rob said...

I am jealous...only another few decades for me!

Nenita said...

Geez, I've been hearing about this retirement thing - only since the beginning of Concetta's employment at the legislature back in the early 1980's. Tom certainly knows how to plan and I'm so happy to see how he continues to treat Concetta so royally like she deserves. You are both an inspiration to us hopelsess romantics.