Thursday, July 10, 2008

A great philosophy of life

For many years I have displayed a set of life resolutions on my desk at work. People often ask me for copies, so I know it's a good one. It says every day you should resolve to:

Be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace
Make all of your friends feel there is something special about them
Look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true
Think only the best, work for the best, and expect only the best
Be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own
Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future
Wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile
Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others
Be too large for worry, to noble for anger, too strong for fear, and to happy to permit the presence of trouble

Now, as I approach retirement, I think it's a good time to renew my resolve to adhere to these ideals.

No comments: