Wednesday, June 4, 2008

UK Trip Update

For those of you who've tuned in late, I constructed this blog to record the myriad of details that have gone into planning for my upcoming trip to Scotland, England, and Wales. The purpose of the trip is to go to all the various towns and villages where my various paternal ancestors lived before they immigrated to the United States in the 1860s and 1870s. At this point everything seems to be moving ahead smoothly as the airline reservations, car-rental, B&B selection, and acquisition of travel passes are in place.

Naturally, since this trip is all about genealogy, what you see in the posting section tends toward observations on my ancestors. Still, you might find some interesting discoveries I have made along the way concerning travel in general.

Please let me know if you notice any errors or inconsistencies in the narrative. My email address is writeguy47@aol.com

Thanks much.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Looks good Dad! I am enjoying the blog, keep the posts coming!!